Wednesday, May 6, 2009

No recuerdo el nombre, pero


I believe in the sun
even when it is not shining
and I believe in love
even when there's no one there

And I believe in God
even when he is silent!
I believe through any trial,
there is always a way.

But sometimes,
in this suffering,
and hopeless despair...
my heart cries for shelter
to know someone's there
and a voice rises within me
saying, "Hold on, my child.
I'll give you strength; I'll give you hope,
just stay a little while."

That was written on the walls of a concentration camp which held Jews during the second world war.
It was the words of a man trying to find hope in the worst of scenarios.
In the middle of the worst Holocaust in history, this man was still able to keep his faith in a higher power.
Isn't it admirable?

No comments:

Post a Comment